Resolutions and Goals
Last year, I published 15 resolutions and goals for 2008.Â Let’s see how those worked out –
Personal Finance Goals
- Fully-fund 403(b)
- Yes!Â For the second year in a row, I managed to fully-fund my 403(b) retirement account.
- Fully-fund 2 Roth IRAs
- Fully-fund 3 ESAs
- Again, not yet.Â I am working to fully-fund these before April 15th, 2009.
- Increase Non-Retirement Savings
- Unfortunately, not by much.Â Keep reading for the reason why!
- Stay Out Of Debt
- Yes!Â I’ve been debt free since February of 2006!Â It’s hard to believe that I’ll soon celebrate three years of freedom.
- Post twice-daily to No Credit Needed
- I averaged about 30 posts per month, roughly 1 post a day.Â Frankly, 2 posts a day is too many, especially considering that I have several other sites to manage.
- Release a new No Credit Needed Podcast Episode every week
- No.Â In fact, the podcast has been on pause for quiet some time.Â I have a few ideas for restarting the podcast, so stay tuned!
- Improve the functionality and reach of the
- Yes and no.Â The NCN Network charts are now automated, but I’ve closed the Network to new members.
- Establish relationships with bloggers outside of the personal-finance community
- Yes.Â I’ve connected with several other bloggers, podcasters, writers, and authors.
- Support my fellow personal-finance bloggers with comments and links
- I have tried my best.
- Post daily to No. Calories Needed
- Lose 50 pounds
- Limit fast food trips to once a month
- Go one year without drinking a single soft drink
- Walk 30 minutes per day, at least 4 times a week
- There’s no need to update each of these individually.Â If you go over to No. Calories Needed, you’ll see that I’ve lost (more than) 24.6 pounds, that I have completely given up soft drinks and fast food, that I’m going to the gym four to six times a week, and that I’m completely changing my life.Â I didn’t start last January, but I finally put it all together in September.Â Click here for more information about The 929 Project – my plan to lose 90 pounds before September 29, 2009.
Family and Life
Back in April, my wife gave birth to our third child, a beautiful baby girl.Â Our family is now complete, and there are five of us.Â 2008 was an amazing year for us, and we are really looking forward to 2009.Â Everything I do, every article I write, every financial choice I make, I do those things for my family.Â When you read an article here at No Credit Needed, you can rest assured that I am writing as a regular guy, someone who is trying to bless his wife and his kids.
No Credit Needed – I don’t usually write about site statistics, so I’ll just briefly mention that No Credit Needed had almost 1 million page views during 2008.Â That’s pretty cool, but what’s even cooler, No Credit Needed is just a few subscribers away from 5000!Â Come on, hook me.Â Subscribe to No Credit Needed via RSS or daily Email and help push the site past 5000.
I want to thank the following sites for referring the most visitors during 2008 –
No. Calories Needed – Until September, No. Calories Needed was a complete disappointment.Â Now, however, I’ve lost (more than) 24.6 pounds, and I’m loving the No. Cals site.Â I really hope you’ll visit the site and check out my progress.Â I weigh in on Mondays.
No Credit Needed Network and No Credit Needed Podcast – As I mentioned earlier, I’ve closed the Network to new members and I’m still debating about whether or not to continue the podcast.Â Both sites take a lot of time to manage.Â Check them out, listen to the podcast, and let me know what you think.Â Should I reopen the Network to new members?Â Should I restart the podcast?
99 Changes – Back in May, I started my newest site, 99 Changes, my personal development site.Â So far, I’ve managed to make 25 changes.Â The 99 Changes articles are short and to-the-point.Â I hope you’ll visit the site and see how I’m doing.
Twitter / StumbleUpon – I hope you’ll follow me on Twitter profile and check out my StumbleUpon profile. These sites have revolutionized how I connect with others online and how I find information online.