Here are my resolutions / goals for 2008 –
Personal Finance Goals
- Fully-fund 403b
- Fully-fund 2 Roth IRAs
- Fully-fund 3 ESAs
- Increase Non-Retirement Savings
- Stay Out Of Debt
- Post twice-daily to No Credit Needed
- Release a new No Credit Needed Podcast Episode every week
- Improve the functionality and reach of the No Credit Needed Network
- Establish relationships with bloggers outside of the personal-finance community
- Support my fellow personal-finance bloggers with comments and links
- Post daily to No. Calories Needed
- Lose 50 pounds
- Limit fast food trips to once a month
- Go one year without drinking a single soft drink
- Walk 30 minutes per day, at least 4 times a week
16 thoughts on “15 Resolutions And Goals For 2008”
If you want to Lose 50 lbs. Instead of a 30 minute walk, 4 times a week. Do an intense anaerobic activity for 15 minutes a day, 4 times a week.
Heath… I shall give that a try…
Good luck with the weight loss!
These are probably too basic to post on but I have no idea what a 403 or an ESA is. For that matter I’d love to hear a good description of a Roth – which I believe is a tax sheltered account.
A 403b is a kind of retirement account –
It’s similar to a 401k, but for folks who work at non-profit corporations…
An ESA is an Education Savings Account – A type of college savings account for my kids – Maximum annual contributions = $2000 per…
Roth IRA – Is a type of Individual Retirement Account – $5000 annual maximum contribution – investments grow tax free…
Happy New Year NCN!
You have a great set of goals! I know you will succeed in 2008!
Very specific and progressive goals. Good luck and Happy New Year!
I hope you have better luck on the weight loss in 2008 than I did with debt reduction in 2007. *sigh*
Thanks for all the pep talks. I appreciate them!
Those are quite the goals! Good luck with all of them. Personally, I find the weight-loss goals to be harder than the financial ones. Dang that yummy chocolate!
Great goals. You can give up soft drinks. Our family gave them up seven years ago.
Also my husband and I have dropped a ton of weight by giving up red meat and processed foods. We eat mainly fresh veggies, fruit, whole grains, seeds, salads, beans, etc. Look at Dr. Furhman’s book Eat to Live! It is great!
I have been a lurker for along time. I love your blog and check it every day!
Comments are closed.