New Year’s Eve 2007, I shared my resolutions and goals for 2008. Let’s take a quick look and see how I’ve done, so far!
Personal Finance Goals
- Fully-fund 403b
- Yes! After some hesitation (due to the fact that our household income may decrease in 2007) I decided to fully-fund my 403b for 2008. The 403b is funded monthly from pre-tax income.
- Fully-fund 2 Roth IRAs
- I fully-funded my Roth IRA for 2008 – and I’m saving up so that I can fully-fund my wife’s in a few months.
- Fully-fund 3 ESAs
- I have downloaded the paperwork required to open an ESA for my son, but it wil be a few months before I actually begin funding these accounts.
- Increase Non-Retirement Savings
- Yes. In fact, I have setup a new chart, over at the No Credit Needed Network, tracking my progress.
- Stay Out Of Debt
- Yes, yes, yes!
- Post twice-daily to No Credit Needed
- Not quite, but I have managed to put out a decent number of posts.
- Release a new No Credit Needed Podcast Episode every week
- Yes (kinda). I did not release the first episode of 2008 until 2 weeks ago, but now I’m on a regular, weekly schedule. I was waiting for some new recording tools.
- Improve the functionality and reach of the No Credit Needed Network
- Yes. The site has been improved (and membership has continued to grow).
- Establish relationships with bloggers outside of the personal-finance community
- Yes. I have emailed three or four non-pf bloggers. I’m really working to establish relationships with several other podcasters.
- Support my fellow personal-finance bloggers with comments and links
- Yes, but I still want to do more.
- Post daily to No. Calories Needed
- No, but look for this to change in February.
- Lose 50 pounds
- Limit fast food trips to once a month
- Go one year without drinking a single soft drink
- Walk 30 minutes per day, at least 4 times a week
- My sister has talked me into running in a 5K, so I really, really need to get moving!
As you can see – When it comes to financial stuff, I’m cool. When it comes to weight loss / health issues, not so much. Throughout 2008, I’ll continue to track my progress (or lack thereof).
This entry is part of the MBN Group Writing Project for January.
6 thoughts on “15 Resolutions And Goals For 2008 – January Update”
My number one goal……..stay out of debt !
Great work on your goals! I am especially impressed that you have already funded 2008’s IRA. I am still hoping to get to 2007’s before the deadline.
Hey, you can only do so much at once! Maybe February you can switch your focus more to the food/weight loss goals…
Good job with the financial goals. The health goals…well they can be much harder than the financial ones!
Your goals are great–concrete, attainable, and easy to measure. As for the soda…well, will the money aspect of it work on you? We don’t buy soda in our house, it’s just never on the grocery list. It’s a rare treat when we’re out (i.e. the Costco food court:-). Why not figure out how much you spend on soda, and how much sooner you can fund wife’s IRA if you skip the pop?
Comments are closed.