Day 10: Sell Some Stuff
Look around your house, find some ‘stuff’ you are not using, and sell it. Seriously, I’ll bet you have two or three hundred dollars worth of ‘stuff’ sitting in your closets, taking up space. Baby clothes, toys, computer accessories, comic books, DVDs, CDs, roller blades, washing machines, tires, bicycles – You name it, somebody wants to buy it.
- List your item with eBay. (Here’s my guide for how I sold baby clothes, but the principles will work for almost any item.)
- List your item on Craigslist. (I’ve never used Craigslist, but I hear great things.)
- Have a garage / yard sale. (I once made over $400 in less than two hours. Looking for a step by step guide? Start with this article over at Frugal For Life.)
- List your item in a local newspaper / shopper / free classified ads handout.
- Tell your friends or family members that you “have something for sale”. You never know who might “need” what you have.
I have a job that requires me to be available “24/7”, so there’s no way that I could go out and get a second job. Instead, I make it my goal to earn extra income by buying and selling things on eBay. Finding something to sell is usually as easy as looking through your closets, under the bed, or out in the storage building. Remember, the more income you can generate, the faster you can get out of debt.
Have you sold some stuff recently?. Leave a comment and let us know. If you are a blogger, write a post selling stuff so that you can use the proceeds for debt reduction and contact me. Iâ€™ll be more than happy to link to your post.
Click here to read all of the 33 Days And 33 Ways To Save Money And Reduce Debt posts.