$4 And $10 Generic Prescriptions From Walmart, Kroger, and Target

Two weeks ago, I had a procedure to remove a kidney stone.  After the procedure, my doctor gave me a prescription for an antibiotic.  I had my local pharmacist fill the prescription.  I am feeling much better and I am happy to be kidney stone-free.

The antibiotic that I was prescribed is covered by our health care plan and was available at our local pharmacy for a discounted price.  While I mentioned my prescription to a friend, he told me that he gets most of his prescriptions through Walmart’s discounted prescription program.  Interested, I did some searching, and found that Walmart, Target, and Kroger all offer discounted prescriptions.

Click here to view details about Walmart’s Discount Prescription Program.

Click here to view details about Kroger’s Discount Prescription Program.

Click here to view details about Target’s Discount Prescription Program.

Click here to view an updated list of Discount Prescription Programs.

My prescription was for the generic or brand name.  The above mentioned discounts apply to generic prescriptions.  I always ask my doctor if it is cool to substitute a generic for a brand name, and then I follow his / her advice.

This entry was posted in Resources. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to $4 And $10 Generic Prescriptions From Walmart, Kroger, and Target

1. melane nelson says:

Also, if you have a Publix around, they offer a select number of antibiotics for free.

2. Fiona says:

Walgreens also offers the same plan and, although they don’t advertise, if you mention it at Rite-Aid, they’ll usually give you the same deal.

3. Kelly says:

Wegman’s (which is in the NE) offers free antibiotics as well. They have a list of free antibiotics on their website.

Glad you are on the mend!

4. Josh says:

Hello. This article was very interesting. For more information check my blog:

5. American Banking News says:

That’s just awesome. I know some places are even offering free subscriptions for people who have lost their jobs, etc. How crazy is that?

6. Donna says:

The key word in fine print is “participating” stores. Kroger where I live eventually is not “participating” becasue they charge me more than the list price under $4 prescriptions

7. Donna says:

The key word in fine print is “participating” stores. Kroger where I live is not “participating” because they charge me more than the $4 list price