15 Resolutions And Goals For 2008 – January Update
New Year’s Eve 2007, I shared my resolutions and goals for 2008. Let’s take a quick look and see how I’ve done, so far!
Personal Finance Goals
- Fully-fund 403b
- Yes! After some hesitation (due to the fact that our household income may decrease in 2007) I decided to fully-fund my 403b for 2008. The 403b is funded monthly from pre-tax income.
- Fully-fund 2 Roth IRAs
- I fully-funded my Roth IRA for 2008 – and I’m saving up so that I can fully-fund my wife’s in a few months.
- Fully-fund 3 ESAs
- I have downloaded the paperwork required to open an ESA for my son, but it wil be a few months before I actually begin funding these accounts.
- Increase Non-Retirement Savings
- Yes. In fact, I have setup a new chart, over at the No Credit Needed Network, tracking my progress.
- Stay Out Of Debt
- Yes, yes, yes!
- Post twice-daily to No Credit Needed
- Not quite, but I have managed to put out a decent number of posts.
- Release a new No Credit Needed Podcast Episode every week
- Yes (kinda). I did not release the first episode of 2008 until 2 weeks ago, but now I’m on a regular, weekly schedule. I was waiting for some new recording tools.
- Improve the functionality and reach of the
- Yes. The site has been improved (and membership has continued to grow).
- Establish relationships with bloggers outside of the personal-finance community
- Yes. I have emailed three or four non-pf bloggers. I’m really working to establish relationships with several other podcasters.
- Support my fellow personal-finance bloggers with comments and links
- Yes, but I still want to do more.
- Post daily to No. Calories Needed
- No, but look for this to change in February.
- Lose 50 pounds
- Limit fast food trips to once a month
- Go one year without drinking a single soft drink
- Walk 30 minutes per day, at least 4 times a week
- My sister has talked me into running in a 5K, so I really, really need to get moving!
As you can see – When it comes to financial stuff, I’m cool. When it comes to weight loss / health issues, not so much. Throughout 2008, I’ll continue to track my progress (or lack thereof).
This entry is part of the MBN Group Writing Project for January.