10 Money Savers (That You Will Actually DO!)
What can I say… I’m loving the lists:
Here are 10 Money Savers (That You Will Actually DO!)
The problem with a lot of frugal ideas is that most people will not actually take the time to implement them. Why? Because they take effort or time or some combination of the two. The following are simple, easy, almost effortless, and they save you money. Ready? Good!
1. When you eat out, ask for a glass of water as opposed to a glass of soda. Simple, easy, saves you 1.50 per meal. Plus, it’s healthy!
2. Don’t buy books. Go to the Library. It’s free.
3. Stop drinking coffee from a coffee shop. Make your own. (When did drinking coffee become cool? HOW did drinking coffee become cool? Drinking coffee is for old people in house-coats.)
4. Use the cheapest gas you can find. Your car will run fine. In fact, most cars are designed for the lower octane gas, not the higher. (Refer to your owner’s manual if you have questions. Yeah right, your going to go dig up your owner’s manual… Just use the cheap stuff.)
5. Stand up. Turn around. See those lights that are on. Turn them off. Now, walk around your house, turning off all of the lights that are not necessary. Repeat 5 times a day.
6. Wash your clothing in cold water. Most clothes will be just fine. (Read the label..blah, blah.)
7. Going to a restaurant with your spouse? Good! You need a little “together-time.” How about sharing an entree and/or dessert? It’s cheap…and romantic! (This one comes via my wife!)
8. Hot? Drink a cool glass of water. Cold? Put on a sweater. You don’t always have to bump the thermostat back and forth.
9. Stop worrying about what your neighbors think. (They’re broke TOO!)
10. Try to go a (week, month, day, year) without buying (food, clothes, etc.). In other words, create some silly “goal” for yourself, and try to stick to it. It will create a challenge, and we all like challenges. (Remember “I double-dog dare you” from elementary school? Same thing.)